Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing fast! We’re looking for smart, dedicated, driven individuals that want to help the world’s most innovative organizations solve complex data management challenges.
Be part of something big at WEKA
We envision a future without compromise for our customers, so we’re creating a novel approach to data management that’s purpose-built for performance-intensive workloads in the cloud and AI era. We’re a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory. We’ve raised $275M in capital and are backed by dozens of leading venture capital and strategic investors. Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is helping hundreds of the world’s leading research organizations and enterprises—including eight of the Fortune 50—to achieve first-to-market results with AI, machine learning, and high-performance computing. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
Work 4 WEKA
The WEKA Way
Innovation is in our DNA. We’re committed to developing next-generation data solutions for our customers that don’t require compromises and challenge the status quo.
We are aligned on a common vision and work together to find solutions. Individually, we move boulders. As a team, we move mountains.
We’re helping to solve our customers’ most complex data challenges, and we won’t stop until they’re successful.
We strive to hire the best people and help to grow and develop their skills so they can advance their careers.
We make time to have fun, laugh, learn, and celebrate our successes together.
We believe in balancing hard work with time to rest, restore, reflect, and savor a job well done.
Check Out Our Open Positions
Sales Engineering Leader, East Coast
About The Position
WEKA is leading a paradigm shift in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the cloud and AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that has raised over $275M in capital and is backed by dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based, hybrid cloud solution transforming stagnant legacy data siloes into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like generative AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data management challenges to accelerate their innovation and help grow their businesses. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
- Hire, mentor, and lead a team of highly technical Sales Engineers to ensure they have the tools, knowledge, and skills required to support the sales process effectively.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the team.
- Provide visibility across the company about the progress, needs and challenges of the East Coast SE team.
- Guidance to Sales and SEs in key accounts on strategy, approach, and coaching through opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of WEKA's data platform and its applications.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the sales team in presenting our technology to prospective customers.
- Guiding sales teams on POCs and ensuring the right resources are aware and engaged in key accounts
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to relay customer feedback and help shape product development.
- Work closely with the US Sales leaders and sales team to develop and deliver tailored technical presentations and demonstrations to potential customers.
- Identify and address customer objections and concerns, providing solutions that align with our offerings.
- Work closely with partners and channels
- Work alongside the east sales teams to build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners to understand their needs and challenges.
- Gather feedback on customer requirements and work with internal teams to shape product enhancements and new features.
- Team up with the US sales leaders to build and maintain the East Coast go to market organization
- Work together with the Sales Engineering global leadership team to set the strategy and execution of the team goals.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to ensure successful onboarding and post-sales technical support.
- Build and iterate on key processes within Sales Engineering as we scale the business and our field teams
To successfully operate in this role, candidates should have the following experience
- Proven track in leadership roles, building and scaling technical teams.
- Proven experience in sales engineering or technical pre-sales.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A deep understanding of the enterprise sales process.
- A deep understanding of technology.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into clear, value oriented language for customers.
- A results-oriented mindset with a track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets.
In addition, the following experience is highly desired
- Strong experience in one of the following verticals (HPC, M&E, Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, Finance, Analytics, AI/ML, EDA)
- Deep background in Storage Technologies
- Familiarity with Linux from conceptual and hands on perspectives
Concerned you don’t meet every qualification? Don’t let it stop you from applying!
Studies have shown that traditionally underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. WEKA is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Check Out Our Open Positions