Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing fast! We’re looking for smart, dedicated, driven individuals that want to help the world’s most innovative organizations solve complex data management challenges.
Be part of something big at WEKA
We envision a future without compromise for our customers, so we’re creating a novel approach to data management that’s purpose-built for performance-intensive workloads in the cloud and AI era. We’re a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory. We’ve raised $275M in capital and are backed by dozens of leading venture capital and strategic investors. Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is helping hundreds of the world’s leading research organizations and enterprises—including eight of the Fortune 50—to achieve first-to-market results with AI, machine learning, and high-performance computing. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
Work 4 WEKA
The WEKA Way
Innovation is in our DNA. We’re committed to developing next-generation data solutions for our customers that don’t require compromises and challenge the status quo.
We are aligned on a common vision and work together to find solutions. Individually, we move boulders. As a team, we move mountains.
We’re helping to solve our customers’ most complex data challenges, and we won’t stop until they’re successful.
We strive to hire the best people and help to grow and develop their skills so they can advance their careers.
We make time to have fun, laugh, learn, and celebrate our successes together.
We believe in balancing hard work with time to rest, restore, reflect, and savor a job well done.
Check Out Our Open Positions
Technical Leader, File System
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and we always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you'll be doing:
The filesystem group is a high-powered team responsible for implementing algorithms at scales of 100s of PBs. The team also manages the core filesystem components, including blocks and metadata management, snapshots, RAID logic, object-store tiering, unique cloud disaster recovery features, and more. And most importantly, they skillfully handle the most delicate part of the Weka solution – our customers’ data.
As a Tech Lead, you’ll:
- Design and develop distributed file system components to support data management features such as snapshots, replication, tiering, and advanced data reduction algorithms;
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of next-generation storage architecture;
- Assist in technically managing initial storage implementations including proofs-of-concept;
- Diagnose bottlenecks and implement clean and performant solutions to achieve unbeatable performance;
- Design algorithms and data structures to make sure customer data is safe and coherent across our solution in a wide variety of failure modes; and
- Constantly revisit the architecture, algorithms, and methodologies to improve productivity, reliability, and maintainability.
- Mastery of low-level and performant programming in C or C++
- A thorough understanding of concurrency, inter-process communication, threading models, and synchronization concepts, including significant experience with complex multithreaded software design
- Experience with lockless synchronization techniques
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Linux development and debugging, along with a broad knowledge and understanding of Linux internals
- Experience identifying, reproducing, and resolving complex software defects, including root cause isolation, tracing through large source code bases, and implementing long-term fixes as well as short-term workarounds
- A strong team-oriented spirit and a highly motivated individual skilled in coordination and communication
- A positive, creative, and open-minded problem solver.
It's nice if you have:
- Experience in data-path design and development
- Experience with development of highly-distributed systems
- Deep familiarity with concepts and features from the storage industry, including snapshots, replication, transparent data migration, and data reduction techniques
- Experience with ZFS, XFS, or other file systems or with enterprise storage solutions
- Experience working with the Linux filesystem community
- Contribution, upstreaming, or maintaining of filesystem code
- Experience playing a significant role in the implementation of a concurrent, long-running performant server
Concerned that you don’t meet every qualification above?
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. At WEKA, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned that your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Check Out Our Open Positions