BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Senior Software Engineer, Filesystem
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and we always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you'll be doing:
The filesystem group is a high-powered team responsible for implementing algorithms at scales of 100s of PBs. The team also manages the core filesystem components, including blocks and metadata management, snapshots, RAID logic, object-store tiering, unique cloud disaster recovery features, and more. And most importantly, they skillfully handle the most delicate part of the Weka solution – our customers’ data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Design and develop distributed file system components to support data management features such as snapshots, replication, tiering, and advanced data reduction algorithms;
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of next-generation storage architecture;
- Assist in technically managing initial storage implementations including proofs-of-concept;
- Diagnose bottlenecks and implement clean and performant solutions to achieve unbeatable performance;
- Design algorithms and data structures to make sure customer data is safe and coherent across our solution in a wide variety of failure modes; and
- Constantly revisit the architecture, algorithms, and methodologies to improve productivity, reliability, and maintainability.
- Mastery of low-level and performant programming in C or C++
- A thorough understanding of concurrency, inter-process communication, threading models, and synchronization concepts, including significant experience with complex multithreaded software design
- Experience with lockless synchronization techniques
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Linux development and debugging, along with a broad knowledge and understanding of Linux internals
- Experience identifying, reproducing, and resolving complex software defects, including root cause isolation, tracing through large source code bases, and implementing long-term fixes as well as short-term workarounds
- A strong team-oriented spirit and a highly motivated individual skilled in coordination and communication
- A positive, creative, and open-minded problem solver.
It's nice if you have:
- Experience in data-path design and development
- Experience with development of highly-distributed systems
- Deep familiarity with concepts and features from the storage industry, including snapshots, replication, transparent data migration, and data reduction techniques
- Experience with ZFS, XFS, or other file systems or with enterprise storage solutions
- Experience working with the Linux filesystem community
- Contribution, upstreaming, or maintaining of filesystem code
- Experience playing a significant role in the implementation of a concurrent, long-running performant server
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here