BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Senior Software Engineer, Filesystem
About The Position
Weka’s file system is a high-performance, failure-resilient, distributed and clustered software-defined data platform, used by many Fortune-50 customers on-prem and in the cloud. The filesystem group is responsible for implementing algorithms at scales of 100s of PBs and owns the core filesystem components, including blocks and metadata management, snapshots, RAID logic, object-store tiering, unique cloud disaster recovery features, and more. The group deals with the most delicate part of the Weka solution – our customers’ data. As a key member of this group you will:
- Design and develop distributed file system components to support data management features such as snapshots, replication, tiering, and advanced data reduction algorithms.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of the next-generation storage architecture.
- Assist in technically managing initial storage implementations including proofs-of-concept.
- Diagnose bottlenecks and implement clean and performant solutions to achieve unbeatable performance.
- Design algorithms and data structures to make sure customer data is safe and coherent across our solution in a wide variety of failure modes.
- Constantly revisit the architecture, algorithms, and methodologies to improve productivity, reliability, and maintainability.
- Master of low-level and performant programming in C or C++.
- Thorough understanding of concurrency, inter-process communication, threading models, and synchronization concepts, including significant experience with complex multithreaded software design.
- Experience with lockless synchronization techniques.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Linux development and debugging, having acquired broad knowledge and understanding of Linux internals.
- Experience identifying, reproducing, and resolving complex software defects, including root cause isolation, tracing through large source code bases, and implementing long-term fixes as well as short-term workarounds.
- Strong team spirit and highly skilled in coordination and communication.
- Highly motivated, independent, positive, creative, open-minded, and fun to work with.
- Experience in data-path design and development.
- Deep familiarity with concepts and features from the storage industry including snapshots, replication, transparent data migration, and data reduction techniques.
- Experience with ZFS, XFS, or other file systems or with enterprise storage solutions.
- Experience working with the Linux filesystem community.
- Contribution, upstreaming, or maintaining of filesystem code.
- A significant part in the implementation of a concurrent, long-running performant server.
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here