Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
WEKA Data Platform Administrator - Azure
About The Position
This is a remote opportunity - United States
WEKA is leading a paradigm shift in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the cloud and AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that has raised over $275M in capital and is backed by dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based, hybrid cloud solution transforming stagnant legacy data siloes into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like generative AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data management challenges to accelerate their innovation and help grow their businesses. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
As a WEKA Data Platform Administrator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of WEKA Storage Infrastructure for our Managed Services customers. You will work cross-functionally directly with WEKA Managed Services customers, with internal teams at various locations, as well as with external 3rd party vendors. You will implement the WEKA Data Platform, create file systems, configure and attach buckets from object storage, and configure tiering policies, troubleshooting common daily issues, frequently engaging and collaborating with WEKA colleagues.
The WEKA Data Platform Administrator role is critical to WEKA’s Manager Services as it augments our services offerings to our customers. The Data Platform Administrator will become intimately acquainted with the customer's business requirements, mission, objectives, systems and solutions, environment, and service history. General direction is provided on routine work, while detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments and ongoing review of activities and priorities. The ideal candidate will be a critical contributor or lead on solution/deployment projects.
Bring Your Expertise – and Your Passion
The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks, focusing on assisting customers to achieve their objectives. The WEKA Storage Administrator will apply attained experiences and knowledge in deploying and maintaining complex storage solutions.
- Storage management and optimization, including upgrades, audits, performance monitoring, file system creation, NFS / SMB / S3 configuration as needed, etc
- Documentation: create and maintain architecture, operational and workflow documentation of the WEKA environment according to best practices
- Service management: interact and integrate with operational service management teams (internally and externally) to ensure smooth, continuous storage operations
- Customer management: serve as a trusted adviser to the customer, providing technical mentorship on WEKA solutions
- Partnering with Oracle and other 3rd party vendors to implement solutions based on customer’s requirements and designs
- Effectively communicating with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding storage administration issues.
- Strong Experience (10+Years) with architecture and administration of traditional storage architectures
- Experience with architecture and administration of Object, Block, or File (NFS, SMB) storage required
- Able to effectively navigate various OS such as Linux RedHat/OEL, IBM AIX, Solaris, Windows.
- Experience deploying large Cloud deployments and working knowledge of AWS, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networking schemes such as DNS, ACLs, TCP/IP, and OSI models
- Experience with DevOps scripting languages such as Python, Ansible, Bash, etc. is desirable.
- Experience with Ticketing system tools and competencies in Major Incident Management
- Knowledge of using system monitoring/alerting tools for Enterprise IT Infrastructures
- Able to proficiently coordinate and troubleshoot problems in partnership with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors
- Experience evaluating & managing outages to business-critical infrastructure
- Able to meet service-level agreement (SLA) deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment
- MUST - Experience architecting, designing, and implementing solutions in Azure at scale.
USA Residents Only: The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is $175,000-$200,000. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Flexible Time off (FTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws.
Concerned that you don’t meet every qualification above?
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. At WEKA, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned that your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.