Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Technical Account Manager
About The Position
At WEKA, we’re passionate about helping organizations to overcome complex data challenges and accelerate their innovation, research, discovery, and businesses. We envision a future without compromise for our customers, which is why we’re creating a novel approach to data management that is purpose-built for the cloud and AI era.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, was architected from the ground-up to harness high performance, next generation workloads like AI and machine learning at scale. Software and subscription-based, it provides consistently epic performance anywhere our customers want to store, manage, and run their data – whether that’s on-premises, in the cloud, at the edge, in hybrid and multicloud environments, or bursting between platforms.
WEKA is a pre-IPO growth stage company on a hypergrowth trajectory that is helping many of the world’s leading research organizations and enterprises—including eight of the Fortune 50—to achieve first-to-market results with AI and ML. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
As a WEKA Technical Account Manager, you will utilize your strong technical competencies and account management skills to provide a high level of personalized, proactive, preventative, and reactive enterprise-class solutions and services to our customers. You will develop a strategic technical partnership with the customer, becoming a trusted technical advisor while ensuring their mission and objectives are successful. Additionally, our Technical Account Managers at WEKA will assist our customers in navigating and adapting to changes if necessary.
The Technical Account Manager role is critical to the assigned Account/Sales Team in furthering the WEKA customer relationship and in helping to increase sales by coordinating critical and strategic activities for the account. Working closely and collaboratively with Account Team members and customer contacts, the Technical Account Manager will become intimately acquainted with the customer's business requirements, mission, objectives, technical needs, systems and solutions, environment, and service history. This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
General direction is provided on routine work, while detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments and ongoing review of activities and priorities. The ideal candidate will be a critical contributor or lead on team projects.
Technical Account Managers work with WEKA customers by providing expertise in the following areas:
- WEKA Products
- Computing and Data Infrastructures
- Operating Systems
- Monitoring Systems
- System Performance Concepts
- High-Performance Computing Architecture and Platforms
- Customer-Specific Solutions
- Machine Learning
- Biotech. Applications
- Gene/Genome Sequencing
The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks, focusing on assisting customers to achieve their objectives. The Technical Account Manager will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Identify and address customers' critical technical issues and non-technical issues, and coordinate necessary technical activities. Coordination of technical activities may include troubleshooting and solving escalated customer issues directly with the appropriate engineering teams within WEKA and 3rd party vendors for multi-vendor issues when applicable.
- Monitor customer open cases during business hours.
- Prepare and deliver periodic and custom reports.
- Environment assessment/documentation, including software and hardware upgrade/release planning and bug risk analysis.
- Monitor customer systems, utilizing auto supports and User Console to identify potential problems and trends and subsequently make the necessary recommendations to resolve them to ensure optimal performance of these systems.
- Track and maintain user configurations and environments.
- Ensure that all recommended Best Practices are adhered to for maximizing product optimization and uptime.
- Notify customers of new product features, field/product alert analysis, and recommendations.
- Help educate the customer on the various tools on the support site and help them understand their WEKA products better.
- Compile and deliver root cause analysis as required.
- Represent WEKA in technical meetings with customers regularly.
- Manage special projects assigned by management to meet customer and cross-functional team needs.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with both technical staff and Sr. Leadership from the customer team, in addition to building strong collaborative relationships with internal WEKA teams such as Sales, Sales Engineering, Technical Services, Professional Services, and Engineering
- You will build a holistic view of the customer and proactively identify areas where value can be maximized, increasing the footprint of products in the customer's environment over time, thereby enhancing customer retention and reference ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers and cross-functional teams to help increase sales.
- In-depth technical knowledge in three or more of the following areas is essential:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Networking ETH/IB
- Backup and Recovery
- Generally understanding ML/AI
- 10+ Years experience in Account management and project management.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the customers' domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
- 24x7 availability for after-hours on-call support for critical issues.
USA Residents Only: The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is $165,000-$210,000. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Flexible Time off (FTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws.
Concerned that you don’t meet every qualification above?
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. At WEKA, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned that your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.