BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
EMEA - Technical Account Manager (UK)
About The Position
WEKA addresses the storage challenges posed by today’s enterprise AI workloads and other high-performance applications running on-premises, in the cloud or bursting between platforms. The WEKA offers a modern subscription software-based data platform delivering 10x+ performance and scale demanded by today’s cloud and AI workloads. The WEKA Data Platform Delivers the simplicity of NAS, the performance of SAN or DAS and the scale of object storage, with no compromises.
As a WEKA Technical Account Manager, you will utilize your strong technical competencies and account management skills to provide a high level of personalized, proactive, preventative, and reactive enterprise-class solutions and services to our customers. You will develop a strategic technical partnership with the customer, becoming a trusted technical advisor while ensuring their mission and objectives are successful. Additionally, our Technical Account Managers at WEKA will assist our customers in navigating and adapting to changes if necessary.
The Technical Account Manager role is critical to the assigned Account/Sales Team in furthering the WEKA customer relationship and in helping to increase sales by coordinating critical and strategic activities for the account. Working closely and collaboratively with Account Team members and customer contacts, the Technical Account Manager will become intimately acquainted with the customer's business requirements, mission, objectives, technical needs, systems and solutions, environment, and service history. This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
General direction is provided on routine work, while detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments and ongoing review of activities and priorities. The ideal candidate will be a critical contributor or lead on team projects.
Technical Account Managers work with WEKA customers by providing expertise in the following areas:
- WEKA Products
- Computing and Data Infrastructures
- Operating Systems
- Monitoring Systems
- System Performance Concepts
- High-Performance Computing Architecture and Platforms
- Customer-Specific Solutions
- Machine Learning
- Biotech. Applications
- Gene/Genome Sequencing
The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks, focusing on assisting customers to achieve their objectives. The Technical Account Manager will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Identify and address customers' critical technical issues and non-technical issues, and coordinate necessary technical activities. Coordination of technical activities may include troubleshooting and solving escalated customer issues directly with the appropriate engineering teams within WEKA and 3rd party vendors for multi-vendor issues when applicable.
- Monitor customer open cases during business hours.
- Prepare and deliver periodic and custom reports.
- Environment assessment/documentation, including software and hardware upgrade/release planning and bug risk analysis.
- Monitor customer systems, utilizing auto supports and User Console to identify potential problems and trends and subsequently make the necessary recommendations to resolve them to ensure optimal performance of these systems.
- Track and maintain user configurations and environments.
- Ensure that all recommended Best Practices are adhered to for maximizing product optimization and uptime.
- Notify customers of new product features, field/product alert analysis, and recommendations.
- Help educate the customer on the various tools on the support site and help them understand their WEKA products better.
- Compile and deliver root cause analysis as required.
- Represent WEKA in technical meetings with customers regularly.
- Manage special projects assigned by management to meet customer and cross-functional team needs.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with both technical staff and Sr. Leadership from the customer team, in addition to building strong collaborative relationships with internal WEKA teams such as Sales, Sales Engineering, Technical Services, Professional Services, and Engineering
- You will build a holistic view of the customer and proactively identify areas where value can be maximized, increasing the footprint of products in the customer's environment over time, thereby enhancing customer retention and reference ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers and cross-functional teams to help increase sales.
- In-depth technical knowledge in three or more of the following areas is essential:
- Networking ETH/IB
- Backup and Recovery
- Generally understanding ML/AI
- 10+ Years experience in Account management and project management.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the customers' domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
- 24x7 availability for after-hours on-call support for critical issues.
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here