Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Director of Sales - West
About The Position
WEKA is leading a platform to make GPU 20x faster ! in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that has raised over $275M in capital and is backed by dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors, including NVidia and Gemini.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based, hybrid cloud solution transforming stagnant legacy data siloes into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like generative AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data management challenges to accelerate their innovation and help grow their businesses. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
What’s Cool About This Job
As a Regional Director of Enterprise Sales, you’ll lead a team of account executives responsible for selling WEKA to Enterprise level companies who need speed, simplicity, scale for their AI environments. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, Americas, you’ll collaborate with Marketing, Demand Gen, and Inside Sales to drive top of funnel pipeline, work with your account executives and Sales Engineers to to help manage and build our business opportunities with enterprise customers.
Bring Your Expertise – and Your Passion
The right person for this role will understand how to navigate complex sales cycles and sell technology into enterprise environments. Building up a sustainable ecosystem of WEKA customers across the market will be your ultimate objective. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of meeting and exceeding quotas, capturing new logos to deliver growth, mentoring and coaching a sales team to drive results.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of WEKA and the value to our customers
- Development of a winning team, including recruiting, hiring and training
- Accurate report on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Partnering with field marketing to execute successful sales campaigns
- Capable of successfully managing significant client escalations and issues
- Manage sales pipeline, and help mentor and move opportunities through the sales process
- Understand the competitive market and be familiar with offerings and differentiators
- Ensure team is developing relationships and working effectively with partners
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and mentor RSMs on strategies to reach their goals
- Provide support and guidance to direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Implement strategies to expand in existing account and capture new logos
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions including the Channel, Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, Customer Support, and Product Development.
- 5+ years of enterprise software subscription sales management experience with a track record of closing six and seven figure deals to Fortune 1000 companies
- Demonstrable history of recruiting, hiring, and retaining top talent
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Must have knowledge of the overall storage and cloud landscape.
- Strong track record consistently overachieving sales goals
- Forecasting commitments and driving forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Comfortable use of CRM systems such as Salesforce and Clari
- Bachelor's Degree
Concerned you don’t meet every qualification? Don’t let it stop you from applying!
Studies have shown that traditionally underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. WEKA is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal-opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.