Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Head of Sales Engineering, EMEA
About The Position
Job Title: Head of Sales Engineering EMEA
WEKA is leading a paradigm shift in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the cloud and AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that has raised over $275M in capital and is backed by dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based, hybrid cloud solution transforming stagnant legacy data siloes into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like generative AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data management challenges to accelerate their innovation and help grow their businesses. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
- Hire, mentor, and lead a team of Sales Engineers to ensure they have the tools, knowledge, and skills required to support the sales process effectively.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the team.
- Provide visibility across the company about the progress, needs and challenges of the EMEA team.
- Develop a deep understanding of WEKA's data platform and its applications.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the sales team in presenting our technology to prospective customers.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to relay customer feedback and help shape product development.
- Work closely with the EMA Sales leader and sales team to develop and deliver tailored technical presentations and demonstrations to potential customers.
- Identify and address customer objections and concerns, providing solutions that align with our offerings.
- Work closely with partners and channels
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners to understand their needs and challenges.
- Gather feedback on customer requirements and work with internal teams to shape product enhancements and new features.
- Team up with the EMEA sales leader to build and maintain the EMA go to market organization
- Work together with the Sales Engineering global leadership team to set the strategy and execution of the team goals.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to ensure successful onboarding and post-sales technical support.
To successfully operate in this role, candidates should have the following experience
- Proven track in leadership roles, building and scaling technical teams.
- Proven experience in sales engineering or technical pre-sales.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A deep understanding of enterprise sales process.
- A deep understanding of technology.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into clear, value oriented language for customers.
- A results-oriented mindset with a track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets.
In addition, the following experience is highly desired
- Strong experience in one of the following verticals (HPC, M&E, Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, Finance, Analytics, AI/ML, EDA)
- Deep background in Storage Technologies
Concerned you don’t meet every qualification? Don’t let it stop you from applying!
Studies have shown that traditionally underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. WEKA is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.