BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Solutions & Services Systems Engineer
About The Position
Weka exists to solve the big storage problems for our customers, which we believe requires a totally new approach to manage the scale and performance of emerging applications.
Organizations and enterprises that utilize legacy storage systems that are not optimized for today’s accelerated datacenters will be hindered in their ability to extract value from their data.
We are committed to helping our customers maximize the investment in high-powered IT infrastructure, such as GPU and FPGA-enabled servers, so they can innovate faster and solve previously unsolvable problems.
About the Position:
As part of the Sales Organization, Weka’s Solutions & Services Group is tasked with ensuring that our customers have the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, and to make that happen you’ll be an integral part of the delivery and installation process for our software. You will not only plan and perform software installations but define, develop and test automation to make our installations easier and faster.
You’ll get to interact directly and to work with Sales, R&D, and Customer Support, as well as the customers.
You’ll get to work with diverse customers across Fintech, Government, Pharma, Automotive, and Research sectors that are implementing AI, HPC, and other state-of-the-art computer environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Bridge the gap between the Sale of the product to customer production during their first year with Weka, ensuring that they have a flawless installation experience and fully utilize all features of the product
- Manages the project of installing the product including scheduling, status reporting
- Documents installation details so our Customer Support can be more effective than any other in the industry
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Recent Hands-on Linux Systems Administration experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment
- Ability to travel up to 25-50% of the time
- Live in the Washington, DC area (however other locations will be considered)
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, or xcat
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and/or Perl
- Experience with Source Code Control Systems like GitHub and git
- Experience with Ethernet and/or InfiniBand networking, particularly 100+Gb networks
- Experience with performance monitoring/tuning Linux systems
- Experience with HPC environments
- Experience with or knowledge of HPC cluster management tools
- Experience with Parallel Filesystems (Lustre, GPFS/SpectrumScale, DDN)
- Experience with scale-out NAS (Isilon, NetApp)
- Experience with SDS (Software Defined Storage)
- Experience working in a Start-up environment
- Experience with Services Delivery
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here