Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Senior Systems Engineer
About The Position
About the position:
Weka exists to solve the big storage problems for our customers, which we believe requires a totally new approach to manage the scale and performance of emerging applications.
Organizations and enterprises that utilize legacy storage systems that are not optimized for today’s accelerated datacenters will be hindered in their ability to extract value from their data.
We are committed to helping our customers maximize the investment in high-powered IT infrastructure, such as GPU and FPGA-enabled servers, so they can innovate faster and solve previously unsolvable problems.
Being a WekaIO Sales Engineer will require you to partner with customers, understanding their needs and requirements, and helping them to leverage the value and performance that WekaIO can provide to their business and applications.
*** Please note that this is a remote position, working out from your home office ***
- Meet with customers and partners to educate them on the technical aspects of WekaIO
- Assist with evaluations and system configurations
- Build and deliver technical product and architecture presentations and demos
- Become the advocate for Weka's customers and bring feedback back to the R&D and product management organizations
- Become a technical adviser to your customers and periodically review their status and inform on possible improvements
- Become an SME on WekaIO and its ecosystem
- Contribute or lead responses to FRPs, RFQs, and FRIs
- Help in the creation and maintenance of RA’s, best practices, and other technical documentation
- This is a Hands-on position
- Extensive filesystems system background
- Experience with NFS and distributed parallel file systems
- Strong Linux OS knowledge
- Familiarity with IO workloads in AI/ML, HPC, EDA, and/or Life Science
- Datacenter networking understanding
- Experience with performance demonstrations and analysis
- Prior experience in working at a start-up company - an advantage
- Experience with cloud environments and concepts - an advantage
- Scripting abilities - an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills