Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Senior Sales Engineer
About The Position
At WEKA, we’re passionate about helping organizations to overcome complex data challenges and accelerate their innovation, research, discovery, and businesses. We envision a future without compromise for our customers, which is why we’re creating a novel approach to data management that is purpose-built for the cloud and AI era.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, was architected from the ground-up to harness high performance, next generation workloads like AI and machine learning at scale. Software and subscription-based, it provides consistently epic performance anywhere our customers want to store, manage, and run their data – whether that’s on-premises, in the cloud, at the edge, in hybrid and multicloud environments, or bursting between platforms.
WEKA is a pre-IPO growth stage company on a hypergrowth trajectory that is helping many of the world’s leading research organizations and enterprises—including eight of the Fortune 50—to achieve first-to-market results with AI and ML. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
The India regional Sales Engineer will join our rapidly growing APAC Field Sales organization. Being a WEKA Sales Engineer will require you to partner with customers, understanding their needs and requirements, helping them to leverage the value and performance that WEKA can provide to their business and applications.
- Meet with customers and partners to educate them on the technical aspects of WEKA
- Assist with evaluations and system configurations
- Build and deliver technical product and architecture presentations and demos
- Become the advocate for WEKA's customers and bring feedback back to the R&D and product management organizations
- Become a technical adviser to your customers and periodically review their status and inform on possible improvements
- Become an SME on WEKA and its ecosystem
- Contribute or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs
- Help in the creation and maintenance of Q&A’s, best practices, and other technical documentation
- This is a Hands-on position
- Familiar with IO workloads in the Indian market
- Extensive filesystems system background - Experience with NFS, SMB and distributed parallel file systems
- Strong Linux OS knowledge
- Datacenter networking understanding
- Experience with performance demonstrations and analysis
- Prior experience in working at a start-up company - an advantage
- Experience with running workloads in cloud hypervisors such as AWS, Azure, OCI or GCP
- Scripting abilities - an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
Concerned that you don’t meet every qualification above?
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. At WEKA, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned that your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.