Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you’ll be doing:
You will play a crucial role in the software development lifecycle by ensuring the smooth and efficient release of high-quality software products. The Software Release Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage release processes, and implement automation to streamline workflows.
As a Release Engineer, you’ll:
- Be in charge of the set-up, maintenance, and development of CI/CDֿ
- Help your R&D teams move fast by building and deploying their services in production
- Test, design, and implement new technologies and tools
- Improve codebase to support CI best practices (code source structure, architecture, builds, versioning, packaging, and testing) Stabilize the build and release process
- Simplify the process to make it accessible to the development teams
- Work closely with the developers, QA, production engineers, and E2E Activities
- Proactively identify and fix the issues in tooling and processes
- Evangelize and mentor others on the topic of build and release management
- 3 Years of experience as a Release Engineer or in similar role (previous experience as DevOps/Automation Engineer - an advantage)
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (e.g., GitHub), build tools, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, C++)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality releases.
- Hands-on experience in managing cloud platforms including security, networking, and computing (preferably AWS\Azure\OCI)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code(IAC) tools such as Terraform, etc.
- Experience with containers and delivery of services via containers (Docker, K8s, EKS, ECS) - Advantage
- Experience collaborating with development teams to streamline and optimize development processes