Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Senior Product Manager, Protocols and Security
About The Position
WEKA is leading a paradigm shift in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the cloud and AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that has raised over $275M in capital and is backed by dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based, hybrid cloud solution transforming stagnant legacy data siloes into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like generative AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data management challenges to accelerate their innovation and help grow their businesses. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
What’s Cool About This Job
At WEKA, we have high performance down cold. This role is ultra focused on delighting customers with our expanding capabilities. Join our cutting-edge team leading Product Management for Protocols and Product Security, where you’ll delight customers across platforms and safeguard the security of our platform. In this role, you'll be at the forefront of technology, contributing to the success of customers who are pushing the boundaries of what's possible with high performance storage. As a key player in our dynamic company, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of protocol services and make a significant impact in the world of computing.
Bring Your Expertise – and Your Passion
Your domain knowledge is pan-industry, covering all things security at the intersection of customer data. Important factors leading to your success include:
- Expertise: You have proven experience in product management within the software industry, with a deep understanding of security principles, identity management, and data sharing protocols like SMB, NFS, and S3. You are familiar with the intricacies of high-performance distributed systems and possess a demonstrated ability to drive the development of innovative and secure solutions.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership skills with a history of successfully leading cross-functional teams. Ability to inspire and motivate team members to achieve ambitious goals while maintaining a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Strategic Vision: A strategic thinker who can develop and execute product strategies that align with market trends and customer needs. Proven ability to translate strategic goals into actionable plans and deliver results.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Experience presenting product strategies and roadmaps to internal teams and external customers.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product strategy aligned with company goals and market demands.
- Create and maintain a detailed product roadmap, ensuring that it reflects the evolving needs of our customers and the ever-changing technology landscape.
- Define the strategy and guide development of security features, including Identity and Access Management, track vulnerability assessments, adherence to security standards, and the integration of Zero Trust principles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the security architecture aligns with industry best practices and meets the evolving needs of our customers.
- Oversee the development and enhancement of the customer experience for NFS, SMB, and S3.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, standards, and emerging technologies related to filesystem protocols, and incorporate these into the product roadmap.
- Work closely with Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, and Support teams to ensure the seamless integration of security features and protocol enhancements.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative environment, encouraging open communication and effective teamwork across different departments.
This role requires a strong foundation in both written and verbal communication, especially within a technical context. Key qualifications include:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in product management, with a focus on security software, infrastructure, and practices
- Technical aptitude and understanding of file and object access protocols, and multi-protocol data and storage solutions
- In-depth comprehension of typical system architectures
- Capability to conduct thorough technical analyses, collaborating closely with R&D teams to address performance-related concerns and anomalies.
- Specific experience in building the strategy and roadmaps for software-defined platforms in agile environments
- Ability to build Excel-based partner tools for BOM, Sizing, Pricing, etc purposes
- Experience working with teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills with a strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred
USA Residents Only: The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is $200,000-$250,000. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Flexible Time off (FTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws.
Concerned you don’t meet every qualification? Don’t let it stop you from applying!
Studies have shown that traditionally underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. WEKA is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.