Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
DevOps Team Lead
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune 500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you'll be doing:
Technical leading combines team leadership, hands-on technological challenges, and ongoing execution enabling and monitoring:
- Technically lead a multidisciplinary team combined with software and test engineers.
- Lead team’s deliverable from planning to release.
- Work with other engineering teams, product, and program management to own the team's deliverable timelines and provide transparent progress and risk analysis.
- Provide architectural guidance and fresh ideas in our core areas of distributed computing, high-performance storage, and cloud computing.
- Hands-on with the team.
- Promote and take an active part in beautiful designs, efficient code, and collaborative code reviews.
- Own and promote quality in every part of the team's deliveries and activities.
- Assume nothing - constantly revisit how we work and whether our productivity is perfectly tuned.
- Be a leader - demonstrate a can-do attitude and promote company goals.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role such as a software or DevOps Scrum Master
- 3+ years as a DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of Python/Go development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes & Terraform
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with development over Linux
It's nice if you have:
- Experience working on complex and large-scale and/or distributed systems, databases, or others
- Experience working with AWS or other public clouds
- Familiarity with storage concepts (SMB, NFS, S3, SSD, NVMe, Linux filesystems)