Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Sr Social Media Specialist
About The Position
WEKA is leading a paradigm shift in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the cloud and AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that’s raised over $275M in capital with dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based solution transforming siloed, legacy data architectures into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data challenges to accelerate innovation and grow their businesses. If this ignites your passion as well, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
What’s Cool About This Job
WEKA is searching for a savvy social media professional with technology industry experience who’s passionate about creating authentic connections between brands, customers and influencers and understands the art of storytelling in short story formats.
The Digital Communications Manager will shepherd WEKA’s owned media channels, helping us to grow our footprint into the networks that matter and resonate most with customers, employees, and industry influencers. They will be a brand ambassador, both internally and externally, playing a pivotal role in building and driving brand affinity and awareness by informing, engaging, entertaining, and inspiring audiences across our owned media channels and cultivating social advocates within our employee community. They will partner closely with our technical thought leaders and marketing stakeholders and serve as the tip of the spear in promoting WEKA news, events, launches, campaigns, job openings, and more.
Bring Your Expertise – and Your Passion
This position may be a good fit for you if you have a passion for creating punchy, pithy, snackable content, are energized by working in a high-growth company environment, are team-oriented, and enjoy collaborating cross-functionally with a global team while having the autonomy to build and drive programs independently.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen understanding of how to navigate the constantly evolving social media landscape and a knowledge of best practices for growing and engaging enterprise audiences across WEKA’s core platforms – in particular, LinkedIn. They can skillfully and confidently convey a compelling vision of how to evolve and grow WEKA’s digital content mix, and increase internal and external advocacy and engagement to take our owned channels to the next level.
This is a net-new position in our rapidly growing global marketing team, reporting to WEKA’s Senior Director of Global Communications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce and develop insightful and engaging social content that promotes WEKA’s news, events, press coverage, customer stories, and marketing initiatives, driving interested traffic back to our website and other digital properties.
- Design and develop signature moments that delight and engage WEKA’s core audiences; identify and proactively tie to relevant breaking news and pop culture moments when appropriate.
- Planning, building, and managing the editorial calendar for WEKA’s social media channels aligned with company initiatives.
- Drive follower growth and engagement across WEKA’s current core social media channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook – and help us expand our footprint to new social platforms to support marketing, employer brand, and recruitment.
- Establish corporate social media policies and best practices for WEKA employees; build and drive an employee social advocacy program.
- Support WEKA executives and technology thought leaders with developing their social media profiles by developing suggested topics and content.
- Promote positive brand affinity and awareness by actively engaging with relevant industry influencers on WEKA’s social media platforms.
- Collaborate closely with WEKA’s Digital Marketing team to develop and deploy a cohesive and complementary owned and paid social media program strategy.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience managing social media platforms and content for a global technology company.
- Must understand modern strategies and tactics to drive engaged follower growth on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Some experience managing and developing other owned media channels (e.g., YouTube, Reels, Instagram, LinkedIn Communities, corporate blogs, podcasts, etc.) is strongly desired.
- Flexibility to work at least partial U.S. hours 2-3 days a week is required.
- Strong communication skills and a passion for developing pithy, snackable digital content that informs, entertains, inspires, and engages audiences are crucial; candidates must be capable of synthesizing highly technical topics into relatable, engaging digital content.
- The successful candidate will be organized, possess a keen eye for detail, and demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve. Strong English-language skills, project and time management skills, and experience managing internal executive stakeholder relationships are a plus.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.