Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and we always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a Bookkeeper to up our Finance team. You will join our current Finance team and report to the Director of Finance.
Responsibilities of a Bookkeeper
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage (accruals will be done by Director of Finance at first stage) on a monthly basis (Cash Flow and TB)
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms (VAT forms) for VAT payments and returns
- Process accounts receivable/payable
- Answering Vendors questions
- Upload vendors payments to the bank and verify approval by authorized signatories
- Handle payroll in a timely manner
- Prepare payroll data to the payroll controller (outsource position)
- Answer employees’ questions regarding payroll when necessary
- 5+ years of experience as a Bookkeeper
- Certified Bookkeeper type 3
- Familiarity with NS (NetSuite) - must
- Familiarity with PayEm/ Shiklulit /Hi-bob - an advantage
- Ability to work under fast and short deadlines
- Good written English
Other skills / Advantage / Nice to have
- Great communication skills
- Collaborator and a team player - an inclusive mindset and ability to build great relationships at all levels of the organization.
- 'Can do' attitude and proactivity