Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Senior Software Engineer, Control Path
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and we always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to up our Control Plane team. You’ll help craft innovative features and key components for Weka’s main product, which is a distributed file system that provides critical services and value for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Design, implement, unit test, and maintain features to be of production quality performance and stability
- Take ownership and lead the development of different components in the control plane
- Work alongside Product and QA personnel to improve correctness and quality
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ development
- Experience with development over Linux, including low-level User-Mode OS knowledge
- Prior involvement with networking
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with Rust/ Go
- Experience in the storage industry, databases, or other infrastructure
- Experience working with AWS or other public clouds
- Experience working on complex and large-scale and/or distributed systems, databases, or others