Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you’ll be doing:
Weka is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer with a development background to develop, enhance, and bring our infrastructure and surrounding utilities to the next level. Our development department works hard to deliver a feature-rich yet safe product in a short period of time. This is possible because of our massive regression operation spanning thousands of AWS machines and on-premises bare metal lab servers.
Weka’s DevOps Engineers are tasked with maintaining this infrastructure while constantly improving its stability, efficiency, and security. They also help to move these services to the latest technologies where it fits, lower MTTR and improve visibility. Most importantly, they’re comfortable working with our stack: Go, Python, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes (EKS), Prometheus, Docker.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll:
- Design and build infrastructure both on-premises and in the cloud to run our regression tests and in-house services;
- Deploy and manage orchestration systems to schedule maintenance jobs, ensure our services are available, and auto-scale when testing demands grow;
- Implement monitoring and alerting systems around the various DevOps operations;
- Build a CI system to allow teams to run their pipelines on our storage product and on various other projects;
- Proactively work with a variety of infrastructure providers, from cloud providers like AWS to virtual machines and physical servers; and
- Review the security state of our infrastructure and act to improve it.
- Strong programming experience with Go/Python- must!
- At least 10 years of involvement with production systems
- Prior experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Working knowledge of orchestration systems like Kubernetes, monitoring systems like Prometheus, and infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of AWS
- Strong Linux experience
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with VMWare or bare metal servers
- Your own or prior contributions to open source projects