Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing and looking for driven and professional individuals who are eager to join us on our mission to solve the world’s biggest storage problems.
Senior Software Engineer, Platform
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and we always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you’ll be doing:
As our new Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be joining the Platform group. This group of highly-experienced and detail-oriented engineers proudly owns the network stack, storage stack, task scheduling infrastructure and more.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Play an active role in creating jaw-dropping designs, writing impressively efficient code, and conducting collaborative code review;
- Share fresh ideas and architectural guidance for our core areas of distributed computing, high-performance storage, and cloud computing; and
- Challenge our benchmarks with performance testing around IO and storage throughput.
- Mastery of low-level C/C++ development in Linux user-space or kernel-space with a vast experience in performance-sensitive code
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with software development on Linux based systems
- Familiarity with network concepts and protocols (UDP, TCP, InfiniBand, Ethernet, RDMA).
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with DPDK and SPDK
- Knowledge of storage systems and SSDs
- Kernel driver development know-how
- Previous experience with hardware interfaces
- Prior involvement with deep networking (congestion control, bonding, VLAN, InfiniBand)
- Familiarity with storage concepts (SMB, NFS, S3, SSD, NVMe, Linux filesystems).
- Experience with development of highly-distributed systems.
- Experience with memory management concepts and entities in a multiprocessing system (cache, shared memory, numa, etc.)
USA Residents Only: The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is $180,000-$280,000. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Flexible Time off (FTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws.
Concerned that you don’t meet every qualification above?
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. At WEKA, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned that your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.