BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Senior Software Engineer, Platform & Networking
About The Position
At Weka, we use rocket science scalable distributed computing to implement the world’s fastest file system. We take pride in coding solutions to real-life problems, helping AI to process huge data sets, genomic researchers to find the next medicine and autonomous cars be available. Our unmatched performance turns all these dreams from impossible to reality. Today.
We have deciphered the challenge of a software-defined file system that runs in production on a multitude of environments, such as the public cloud, Kubernetes, and more.
What we have to offer is an opportunity to work with a bunch of exceptionally smart people, in an environment that demands freestyle innovation where science meets technology. On top of all that, we can offer the comfiest environment to work In, in the heart of Tel Aviv, minutes from the train station.
Weka's file system is a high-performance, distributed, and clustered system. The platform group owns the core system components, including scheduling, threading, synchronization, and SSD logic. The group also handles the networking protocol stack down from the driver up-to-the L5 over UDP RPC on a wide variety of systems, including the cloud.
The following core objectives are the core pillars of our engineering organization:
- Provide architectural guidance and fresh ideas in our core areas of distributed computing, high-performance storage, and cloud computing.
- Promote and take an active part in beautiful designs, efficient code, and collaborative code reviews.
- This is our top-most requirement, from ourselves and from you - own and promote quality in every part of your daily activities.
- Challenge our deciphered rocket-benchmarks with performance testing around IO and storage throughput.
- We cherish our failures - promote and nurture automation and constantly increase code coverage.
- We want to be better - promote root cause analysis activities to make us even better for our customers.
- Constantly search for bottlenecks and push for refresh design and refactors.
- Assume nothing - constantly revisit how we work and whether our productivity is perfectly tuned.
- Drive simplicity and be agile - promote the unification of internal processes.
- Say what you do and do what you say - own project timelines and provide transparent risk analysis.
- Collaborate and be a friend - work closely and openly with other teammates.
Our Tech Stack
- We develop in D and C on top of Linux.
- Do you have a background in a storage or a networking company? Cool. We hope you know your way around SSDs, Linux Kernel, DPDK, NUMA, Intel/AMD/Arm/Mellanox processors, and cards.
- A very cool advantage would be to find out you have a vast experience with InfiniBand, Ethernet configurations and related High-Availability topologies.
- Master of low-level C development in Linux user-space or kernel-space, with a vast experience in performance-sensitive code
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with software development on Linux based systems
- Familiarity with Intel server architecture (NUMA, caching, interrupts, etc)
- Familiarity with network protocols (IP, UDP, TCP)
- Linux savvy
- Experience with DPDK and SPDK
- Experience with Storage systems and SSDs
- Kernel driver development
- Experience with hardware interfaces
- Deep networking experience (congestion control, bonding, VLAN, InfiniBand)
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here