BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Senior Software Engineer, Linux Kernel
About The Position
Weka’s file system is a high-performance, distributed, and clustered system. As a kernel engineer, your primary responsibility will be working with other kernel engineers on troubleshooting patching/back-porting, building/testing/releasing our kernel driver as part of the Weka filesystem product. The kernel-based filesystem driver provides file access and logic to Weka filesystems and the ability to connect clients to the Weka cluster. This enables the Weka system to provide applications with local filesystem semantics and performance while providing a centrally managed, sharable, and resilient storage. Our entire kernel team is dedicated to delivering high-quality kernel drivers and you will be expected to quickly become an integral contributor.
- Design and development of core product features in a complex software system with a focus on Linux kernel and OS infrastructure layers.
- Provide architectural guidance and fresh ideas in our core kernel driver and related interfaces.
- Locate performance bottlenecks within Linux and/or its driver or other components, and suggest & implement enhancements to meet target performance goals.
- Assume nothing - constantly revisit how we work and whether our productivity is perfectly tuned.
Our Tech Stack
- Our kernel driver is written in C on top of Linux.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Linux kernel development and debugging.
- Master of low-level C development in Linux kernel, with a vast experience in performance-
- sensitive code.
- Good understanding of the VFS, page cache & file system concepts.
- Familiar with kernel development methodologies and kernel structure.
- Experience in developing kernel modules.
- Very good experience in the Linux Kernel Driver model & development
- Lock/lockless synchronization between kernel space & userspace
- Broad knowledge and understanding in Linux internals, kernel subsystems (Memory Management, IO, Storage, Networking).
- Kernel crash and core analysis skills.
- knowledge of/O tools, performance benchmarks using standard tools.
- Deep understanding of threading and locking mechanisms.
- Fluent in English.
- Highly motivated and independent, positive, creative, open-minded, and fun to work with.
- Experience working with the Linux kernel community.
- Experience contributing/up-streaming/maintaining kernel code.
- Experience with storage subsystems, storage stack, and protocols (NVMe, NFS, Samba,
- filesystems), developing enterprise-grade storage solutions.
- Hacking complex open-source projects.
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here