BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at Weka are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at Weka—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
Weka customer support is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Group Manager, Software Engineering
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we constantly put our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who like us to join in the fun!
What you'll be doing:
As a group manager in the development organization, you’ll need to combine team leadership, team building, technological problem solving, direct and matrix management, risk management, and career development of direct reports, all of these to empower our most valuable asset – our engineers.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Leading an engineering domain consists of teams working in a Scrum methodology.
- Grow the teams and manage career development of group members.
- Be a direct address for everything related to group activities and members.
- Work closely with program management, product management, and other technical managers to lead the group’s deliverables from planning to release.
- Build and maintain the group’s technical debt backlog and promote it into ongoing releases.
- Assume nothing - constantly revisit how we work and whether our productivity is perfectly tuned.
- Provide transparent progress and risk analysis.
- Promote and participate in beautiful designs, efficient code, and collaborative code reviews.
- Own and promote quality in every part of the group’s deliveries and activities.
- Be a manager - recruit, nurture and manage the retention of team members.
- Be a mentor - provide ongoing feedback, both good and constructive.
- Be a leader - demonstrate a can-do attitude, and promote company goals.
- 5+ years of experience with managing software development groups (2nd line management).
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++/Go development
- Customer-facing experience.
- Experience with development over Linux, including low-level User-Mode OS knowledge.
- Experience with development of highly-distributed systems.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to self-manage and communicate effectively
Nice to have:
- Experience in the storage industry, databases, or other infrastructure.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience working with AWS or other public clouds.
- Experience working on complex and large-scale and/or distributed systems, databases, or others.
- Familiarity with network concepts and protocols (UDP, TCP, InfiniBand, Ethernet, RDMA).
- Familiarity with storage concepts (SMB, NFS, S3, SSD, NVMe, Linux filesystems).
- Familiarity with clustered environment products and design and container
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here