Careers at WEKA
WEKA is growing fast! We’re looking for smart, dedicated, driven individuals that want to help the world’s most innovative organizations solve complex data management challenges.
Be part of something big at WEKA
We envision a future without compromise for our customers, so we’re creating a novel approach to data management that’s purpose-built for performance-intensive workloads in the cloud and AI era. We’re a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory. We’ve raised $275M in capital and are backed by dozens of leading venture capital and strategic investors. Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is helping hundreds of the world’s leading research organizations and enterprises—including eight of the Fortune 50—to achieve first-to-market results with AI, machine learning, and high-performance computing. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
Work 4 WEKA
The WEKA Way
Innovation is in our DNA. We’re committed to developing next-generation data solutions for our customers that don’t require compromises and challenge the status quo.
We are aligned on a common vision and work together to find solutions. Individually, we move boulders. As a team, we move mountains.
We’re helping to solve our customers’ most complex data challenges, and we won’t stop until they’re successful.
We strive to hire the best people and help to grow and develop their skills so they can advance their careers.
We make time to have fun, laugh, learn, and celebrate our successes together.
We believe in balancing hard work with time to rest, restore, reflect, and savor a job well done.
Check Out Our Open Positions
Senior Technical Product Manager - Cloud
About The Position
WEKA is leading a paradigm shift in how data is stored, managed, and processed in the cloud and AI era. We are a pre-IPO, growth-stage company on a hyper-growth trajectory that has raised over $275M in capital and is backed by dozens of world-class venture capital and strategic investors.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, is a software-based, hybrid cloud solution transforming stagnant legacy data siloes into dynamic data pipelines that power GPUs efficiently and fuel performance-intensive workloads like generative AI and machine learning seamlessly and sustainably.
We’re passionate about helping our customers overcome complex data management challenges to accelerate their innovation and help grow their businesses. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
What’s Cool About This Job
At WEKA, we have a high performance down cold. This role is ultra focused on delighting customers with our expanding capabilities in the public cloud. Join our cutting-edge Product Management team as a Technical Product Manager, where your efforts will lead to delighting customers with simplified onboarding and day-2 experience as it relates to WEKA in the public clouds for AI, GenAI, HPC use cases.. In this role, you'll be at the forefront of technology, contributing to the success of customers who are pushing the boundaries of what's possible with a high performance data platform.. As a key player in our dynamic company, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of WEKA in the cloud.
Bring Your Expertise – and Your Passion
Your domain knowledge is pan-industry, covering all things cloud at the intersection of customer data. Important factors leading to your success include:
- Expertise: You have proven experience as a Technical Product Manager, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Solutions Architect within the software industry, with a deep understanding of Infrastructure services from one of more public clouds (preferably Azure), HashiCorp Terraform, data and storage concepts. Knowledge of containers, Kubernetes, and AI/GenAI workloads is also highly desirable.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership skills with a history of successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams. Ability to inspire and motivate individuals across teams to achieve ambitious goals while maintaining a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Strategic Vision: A strategic thinker who can develop and execute technical product integration roadmap that align with customer needs. Proven ability to translate strategic goals into actionable plans and deliver results.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Experience presenting product strategies and roadmaps to internal teams and external customers.
- Maintain deep understanding of the popular customer architecture patterns as it relates to compute (virtual machines, containers, serverless), networking, security, storage, and data management in one or more public clouds for AI, GenAI, and HPC workloads.
- Create and maintain a detailed technical product roadmap for WEKA in one or more public clouds, aligned to cover the popular architecture patterns.
- Work closely with engineering to guide development of integrations with public clouds as it relates to WEKA provisioning, scaling, and day-2 operations.
- Maintain a prioritized roadmap of latest cloud VM instances to be qualified for running WEKA in the public cloud.
- Oversee the development and enhancement of the customer experience for WEKA in the public clouds.
- Develop technical demos, reference architectures, and deployment guides that showcase WEKA best practices in the public clouds.
- Develop technical enablement content focused on architects and engineers at customers, WEKA pre-sales and post-sales, customer support, and partners.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, standards, and emerging technologies related to public cloud services, and incorporate these into the product roadmap.
- Work closely with Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, and Support teams to ensure the seamless integration of cloud features in the product roadmap.
This role requires a strong foundation in both written and verbal communication, especially within a technical context. Key qualifications include:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in either product management, technical marketing, or solutions architecture with a focus on public cloud infrastructure services, Terraform, and data storage.
- Technical aptitude and understanding of file and object access protocols, and multi-protocol data and storage solutions
- Technical understanding of containers, Kubernetes, AI, GenAI, HPC is highly desirable.
- In-depth comprehension of typical cloud infrastructure consumption architecture patterns.
- Capability to conduct thorough technical analyses, collaborating closely with engineering teams to address performance-related concerns and anomalies.
- Specific experience in building the technical roadmaps for software-defined platforms in agile environments
- Ability to build Excel-based partner tools for BOM, Sizing, Pricing, etc purposes
- Experience working with teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills with a strong ability to influence people at all levels, and in various functions. High degree of comfort with public speaking
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred
USA Residents Only: The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is $180,000-$240,000. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Flexible Time off (FTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws.
Concerned you don’t meet every qualification? Don’t let it stop you from applying!
Studies have shown that traditionally underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. WEKA is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Check Out Our Open Positions