BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at WEKA are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at WEKA—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
WEKA customer success is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Product Manager Hardware Ecosystem
About The Position
Product Manager Hardware Ecosystem
Weka.io is looking for a Product Manager to join the product management team, who has successfully incubated new technology ventures in startups and larger enterprise software companies. He/she has a track record of working in highly effective product management teams and working collaboratively with global R&D, Marketing, and Sales.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, he/she will work closely with the company leadership team, the co-founders, Sales, Marketing, and Support teams to create a compelling product strategy with the focus on hardware ecosystem of VARs, Resellers, and OEMs based on Weka Software-Defined Storage Platform.
The ideal candidate for this role has a background in building and scaling product(s), strong technical hardware and business acumen, and vision to deliver product(s) that transforms the industry, and most importantly has a strong hardware background around commodity and enterprise server and storage technologies for on-premises and in the cloud.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions:
- Drive product vision, direction, and business plans, including product plans/roadmaps, product evolution, and product lifecycle process for hardware selection and components roadmap
- Drive and develop processes and adhere to product life cycle process for export compliance, trademark compliance, export and import laws, patent filing in collaboration with R&D and Marketing
- Identify, develop, and manage contractual, technical, and consulting relationships with strategic partners and service providers especially around their preferred hardware platform of choice
- Gather, validate, and evaluate product/market requirements through market and customer research, competitive and product research involving customer visits, advisory councils, industry events, analyst relationships, etc
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and market research in collaboration with Marketing around hardware life cycles and deprecation timelines
- Work with Hardware Development team members and the Software Development team to implement the enhancements for the latest technology innovations, new regions, and instance types in the cloud
- Coordinate with QA Lead Manager to facilitate BETA testing activities with end users/testers
- Translate system functionality into business relevant language
- Drive measures to quantify product success and strategies to deliver customer delight. This includes developing business cases, identifying and assessing business opportunities, and determining strategic fit conditioned by technical feasibility
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales and marketing to gain market, competitive, and customer insights and translate that into outcomes that drive unique value proposition, differentiation, and market share growth. Collaborate with R&D to translate market requirements into innovative new technology and with support to deliver solutions that have fast time-to-value and accelerate time-to-revenue
- Drive the pricing and cross-functional requirements (sales, channels, services, and marketing) to bring offer(s) to market for on-premises and cloud deployments covering CAPEX and OPEX and consumption-based pricing
- Work very closely with engineering to drive disruptive innovation and development prioritization at the fast pace of an early-stage startup
- Collaborate and drive user experience (UX) by working with engineering teams to create user-centered designs by considering customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities, and usability findings and clearly define user personas and their requirements across the product line(s) and integration into existing cloud ecosystems
- Present the product(s) and service(s) to all audiences ranging from exec level (C-level) to technical audiences for end customers, partners, and integrators requiring excellent communication skills and adaptability when faced with gaining support from varying audiences
- Lead research, definition, and prioritization of new product ideas. Embrace new technologies and establish their value
- Drive the operational cadence and measure and prioritize critical initiatives, and contribute to the preparation of the content for Executive Staff, Quarterly Business Reviews and Board Meetings
- Engage in customer escalations in collaboration with Customer support and R&D to help and drive customer satisfaction
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- 5+ years in product management
- 3+ years in hardware product management
- 3+ years of server and networking technology-related experience for on-premises and for cloud
- Strong knowledge of computer architectures
- Deep knowledge around CPUs, GPUs and DPUs and PCIe, NVMe and SSDs
- Specific experience in building the strategy and roadmaps for software-defined storage (SDS) platforms in agile environments
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Inspirational leader; can motivate, inspire, and motivate teams around a product vision
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Ability to build Excel-based partner tools for BOM, Sizing, Pricing, etc purposes
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience working with teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills with a strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Experience in JIRA
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred
- Start-up experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with extreme attention to detail
- Experience in vertical markets of machine learning, life sciences, and finance
- Experience to influence and partner with global system integrators around the globe
- Experience in developing software that is consumed by a broad partner and customer ecosystem and working with sales and marketing teams to ensure 3rd parties have the right APIs, tooling, and support to scale their operations
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here