BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIG AT WEKA
We are on an accelerated growth trajectory and invite you to be a part of our journey. At Weka we are passionate about solving big storage problems for our customers. Our technology is recognized by Gartner, TechTarget, CRN, and CIOReview as being at the forefront of next generation data storage. We are backed by leading investors: NVIDIA, Mellanox, Western Digital, HPE, Seagate, and Qualcomm. And the Weka File System is used by the world’s largest marquis brands.
WORK 4 WEKA
Engineers at WEKA are building a next-generation storage system that is enabling some of the world’s leading companies to solve big problems. We don’t work on maintaining yesterday’s products, we build tomorrow's products.
There is no ceiling for the sales team at WEKA—the sky is the limit. For high-achieving sales professionals who desire independence, high visibility, and loads of opportunity then Weka is the place the thrive.
Our team of highly creative and strategic marketing professionals are the power behind the brand. They ignited the spark, that turned in to a fire, that is becoming an inferno—for a hot marketing career join Weka.
WEKA customer success is the secret source to our success. Customers continually laud our support team with praise. If you desire a post-sales career, that comes with a lot of positive recognition for contribution—both internally and externally—then join the Weka team.
CHECK OUT OUR OPEN POSITIONS
- All Locations
- All Departments
Corporate Communications Manager
About The Position
At WEKA, we’re passionate about helping organizations to overcome complex data challenges and accelerate their innovation, research, discovery, and businesses. We envision a future without compromise for our customers, which is why we’re creating a novel approach to data management that is purpose-built for the cloud and AI era.
Our flagship product, the WEKA® Data Platform, was architected from the ground-up to harness high performance, next generation workloads like AI and machine learning at scale. Software and subscription-based, it provides consistently epic performance anywhere our customers want to store, manage, and run their data – whether that’s on-premises, in the cloud, at the edge, in hybrid and multicloud environments, or bursting between platforms.
WEKA is a pre-IPO growth stage company on a hypergrowth trajectory that is helping many of the world’s leading research organizations and enterprises—including eight of the Fortune 50—to achieve first-to-market results with AI and ML. We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
About the Role
We are searching for a multifaceted corporate communications professional to help build, manage, and elevate WEKA’s various communications channels and programs.
In this role, you will contribute to driving awareness for WEKA globally, be a champion for customer advocacy and thought leadership, and help to inform, engage, and inspire our internal and external audiences. You will help to shape our corporate voice and bring our company’s perspectives to life across WEKA’s social media networks; forge trusted relationships with relevant reporters, analysts, and influencers; and help to develop and execute launches, campaigns and programs aligned to our business and marketing priorities.
This position will report into WEKA’s Communications & Customer Advocacy team, which is part of its global marketing and go-to-market (GTM) organization and will play a critical role in helping to build and shape WEKA’s external presence at a pivotal time in the company’s trajectory. You will enjoy this role if you’re a self-starter with strong project management skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude that enjoys collaborating with globally distributed colleagues and stakeholders. There is significant opportunity for career growth and advancement as the team expands for a motivated candidate.
Scope of Work
Working closely with WEKA’s Head of Communications, you will:
- Help to build and manage a holistic public relations program aligned to the company’s marketing strategy and business objectives.
- Forge a collaborative relationship with WEKA’s agency partners and work closely with them to drive a productive engagement and maximize our PR investments.
- Manage WEKA’s social media channels and help to develop a steady cadence of content.
- Develop news announcements, proactive media placements, customer stories, and speaking and awards opportunities to drive best possible PR outcomes for WEKA.
- Help to manage industry analyst and influencer engagement, market research evaluations and commissioned research projects.
- Support development of WEKA’s company all hands content and programming.
- Manage monthly and quarterly reporting of communications program metrics.
- Help to curate and contribute to WEKA’s company blog; manage and expand WEKA’s online newsroom.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with your global marketing and GTM colleagues to maximize the impact of PR, AR and social across the organization.
- Minimum five years of experience working in internal corporate communications or a PR agency, and at least two years of experience working with enterprise technologies. This role may be upleveled to Senior Manager for a well-qualified candidate.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern communications program elements, strategies, and tactics to ensure you can hit the ground running and achieve success.
- Knowledge of relevant business, tech and trade media, and industry analyst firms within the enterprise technology sector.
- A true passion for storytelling and thought leadership; proven ability to synthesize technical topics into relatable language and develop compelling story ideas and angles from them.
- Experience and/or demonstrated understanding in writing and optimizing social content for Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, as well as basic tactics to increase follower growth.
- A proven track record for successfully managing internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail; able to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Experience working with industry standard relationship management, newswire, analytics, and reporting tools (E.g., Cision Cloud Platform, PR Newswire, etc.).
- Soft skills: team-oriented, moxie, emotional intelligence, and a sense of humor.
Concerned that you don’t meet every qualification above?
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every qualification specified. At WEKA, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this position but are concerned that your past work experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway – you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at WEKA.
WEKA is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS?
Send us your C.V. We will contact you when a position opens that is fit for you.Apply Here